We at Delhi Hair Care offers Best Treatment & Cost of FUT Hair Transplant in Delhi & Gurgaon
Call us now for the best cost/price/quote for FUT in Delhi & Gurgaon. We assure you for the best & quality results
We offer the best Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) Hair Transplant in Delhi & Gurgaon with best price/package or cost of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) in Delhi & Gurgaon. PRP, Meso, LLL therapy, etc. are given post FUT to boost the results. Hair transplant & cosmetic surgeons on our panel are most experienced & professional.
What is FUT Hair Transplant ?
FUT, which stands for follicular unit transplantation, is a hair restoration process for maximizing hair growth, ensuring naturalness of hair transplant, minimizing trauma to the scalp, and so on. The process of FUT follows the process of transplantation in follicular units, with 1 to 4 hairs for each unit.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that removes follicular units or small clusters of hair from the donor’s scalp around the head and inserting the same in the recipient’s bald area of the head. Since these are natural units, they start replicating natural hair growth quickly, provided the units are transplanted precisely.
To explain it more elaborately, hair grows in very small groups, including 1-4 hairs in a group. Each group consists of hairs and hair follicles. A hair follicle is defined as a sac-like structure formed under the scalp that nourishes and produces new hair growth.
Sometimes, each group or unit may contain only one hair or less than four hairs, but people with thick hair growth usually have four hairs in a group. It should be known that these are independent units that may get damaged due to various reasons resulting in poor hair growth and even balding. To restore hair growth, surgeons remove the unaffected and unharmed hair unit/units and transplant the same in the donor’s bald area on the head.
Unlike the method of removing large grafts of hair for hair growth, FUT is a much safer and natural process. Large grafts of hair usually comprise of 3 to 8 hairs, but when these units are removed they may get broken or damaged in the process, affecting hair growth. FUT is absolutely safe since it enables implanted units to stay the same when inserted into the donor’s area.
How it is done?
FUT, also known as strip surgery, is an ideal choice for most people, especially those who have large areas of bald areas on their head. First, you will have a frank conversation with your doctor regarding your expectations and the doctor’s surgical process. Once you are okay with the process, you are given a go signal and an operation date is given. Read to know how the procedure of follicular unit transplant is done step by step as below:
- On the day of the surgery, you are taken to the doctor’s operating room. You are administered local anaesthesia or sedation, or a combination of both in order to make sure that you feel absolutely comfortable and pain free while the procedure is on.
- The doctor will then make a long vertical incision for removing a portion or strip of scalp containing the hair grafts. Before retrieving the strip of scalp, doctors examine the donor area carefully and try to determine where the hair density is the most. Taking the strip containing maximum hair density means long-term stability of the transplanted hair.
- Once retrieved, the strip of hair is placed in a physiological solution. Over the time, the solution helps to minimize the body’s natural fluid content in the strip of hair and even close the wounds as created by strip removal.
- The doctors then use the harvested strip to divide it into single layer of hair follicular units, which are called “Silvers””. Each “Silver” is cut down for an extra tissue. The grafts retrieved are separated that are finally implanted in the bald area under the use of a microscope.
- The recipient’s bald site on the scalp is then prepared with needles and fine blades. Once the site is readied, the angle of hair is determined by the surgeon. Only an experienced and skilled surgeon can ensure the right angle of the implanted sites in order to ensure that the final look of hair growth is completely natural. The grafts are inserted into the holes created on the scalp.
- Normally, the single hair units are placed in front of the hairline, two hair units behind the hairline, 3 hair units behind the 2 hair units and 4 hair units behind your 3 hair units.
- Once done, each graft is re-checked once again by the surgeon. After the operation, the donor area is bandaged and you are asked to wear a cap or bandana for better protection.
It should be known that a person may require several sessions to attain the desired look. The type of FUT procedure depends upon the amount of coverage you want and the type of hair loss. If you are lucky you may achieve the desired results in just one session, while others may have to undergo several sessions.
Benefits of FUT over FUE
FUE (follicular unit extraction) is apparently a popular hair transplant procedure preferred by a growing number of doctors these days. It is a hassle-free job that involves no visible scarring, less bleeding and possibly no infection. Despite these advantages, FUT hair transplant wins over FUE owing to its high survival rate and its ability to offer a more natural look. Here is a summation of the benefits of FUT over FUE:
- The survival rate of hair follicles in FUT is much greater than what it is in FUE.
- Besides, FUE are miniplugs, so if implanted incorrectly may produce unnatural hair growth, which is not so with FUT.
- In FUT, the size of grafts look more natural and so they induce a more natural frontal hairline for a more natural result.
- It is also believed that FUE hair transplant procedure is more expensive, while FUT is more concerned about the patient’s welfare.
- Unlike FUE that require hair grafts from the fringe areas that are genetically less stable, FUT offers much better cosmetic results since the grafts procured are of better quality and they have more surrounding tissues for the protection of grafts.
- In FUT, more number of follicular units can be transplanted (say 4,000) than in FUE (say 2,000). Besides, FUT is counted for its quality follicle survival rate. Those who cannot commit to several surgery dates, should adopt to FUT procedure.
Drawbacks of FUT
Balding or thinning hair is an acute problem, which can be taken care of by different hair transplant treatment options. Before selecting a treatment, it is necessary for you to get an informed decision regarding hair restoration treatment. Many prefer FUT methods owing to its greater hair follicle survival rate and more volume of hair in just one session. Despite the pros, FUT has specific disadvantages as well, which include:
- There is possibility of risk of scarring that may get infectious or result into bleeding eventually.
- FUT scarring requires longer recovery period per treatment session. It may leave a linear scar at the operation site where the donor strip is surgically removed.
- FUT treatments may lead to a poorer appearance of the linear scar. Besides, it may result into stretching of the scalp.
- FUT is a more invasive procedure and so it requires a longer recovery period.
- Patients need to be highly cautious and avoid any strenuous activity for a few weeks following the surgery. Also, the patient needs to be highly careful about the stitches that should stay intact in place for at least 1-2 weeks.
Costs of FUT
The cost of follicular unit transplant (FUT) is relatively lower than follicular unit extraction (FUE). Normally, the cost of FUT is approximately between Rs.20 per graft and Rs.40 per graft. However, this cost may vary depending upon the efficiency and experience of the surgeon and his team. Other factors like location of clinic in which city plays a special role in determining the cost.
Here grab an idea about FUT cost:
- For 1000 hair grafts, the lowest total cost is Rs.30,000 (considering Rs. 30 per graft). On the higher side, the total cost is Rs.40,000 (considering Rs.40 per graft). It requires 1 sitting for the same (4-6 hours).
- For 1500 hair grafts, the lowest cost is Rs.45,000 and the highest cost is Rs. 67,500. This also requires 1 sitting.
- For 2000 hair grafts, the lowest cost is Rs.60,000 and the highest cost is Rs. 90,000. It requires 1-2 sittings.
- For 2500 hair grafts, the lowest cost is Rs.75,000 and the highest cost is Rs. 1,12,500. This requires 1 to 2 sittings.
- For 3000 hair grafts, the minimum cost is Rs.90,000 and the highest cost is Rs.1,35,000. It requires 2 sittings.
- For 3500 hair grafts, it requires 2 sittings.
- For 4000 hair grafts, it requires 2-3 sittings.
Pre surgery Care
It is important for patients to attend a pre-operative appointment before the FUT surgery. An elaborate discussion with the doctors will help him and his team to prepare for the following:
- Chalking out a plan
- Assessing the donor hair
- Conducting a medical assessment
What should be done before the FUT surgery? Read on:
- You should make sure to keep 2-3 cm length of hair before the surgery, in order to help hide the stitches post operation.
- You should undergo flexibility exercises one month prior to the surgery. A thorough scalp massage is very important. The amount of hair available for transplant actually depends upon the laxity and flexibility of the donor scalp region. Patients are usually advised to carry out deep scalp massages for 10 minutes twice a day, which ensures better growth of hair availability and minimized scarring post surgery.
- You should stop taking Regain 1 day before the surgery.
- Talk to your doctors whether you can continue taking FDA approved hair loss medicine.
- However, you are normally advised to stop taking any vitamins and supplements prior to the surgery.
- Those taking aspirin should stop taking it at least two weeks before the surgery.
- Your doctor will prescribe the right shampoo which should be used at least 1 week before the surgery.
- Stop drinking alcohol 48 hours before the procedure.
- Doctors usually suggest certain medications in the evening before the surgery. Make sure you take them properly.
- On the day of the surgery, have substantial amount of breakfast before the procedure.
- Read your consent form thoroughly and contact the nursing staff in case of any queries. All doubts should be sorted before you arrive at the operation table.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee on the day of the surgery.
If you take care of the above, you are ready to appear for the FUT procedure.
Post surgery care
These should be followed after the FUT procedure:
- You need to keep your head high while sleeping after the surgery for a few nights.
- Post surgery, avoid alcohol and smoking for a few days post surgery.
- On the next day of the surgery, you should shampoo your head.
- When stepping out in the sun, you should cover your head to avoid direct UV rays.
- You should wash your head gently at least two times a day, 7 days post transplantation.
- After 10 days of the procedure, you are suggested to continue shampooing your hair and taking care of it. Do not take shower with hot water.
- Resume smoking only after two weeks of the procedure.
- Only after a month, you can apply oil, conditioner, use dye on the scalp. Besides, you can rejoin gym and sports club too.
FUT hair transplantation procedure comes with many benefits, but also with certain degree of risks. The pre and post surgery instructions, if followed diligently, can minimize a substantial amount of risk. Usually, you can see hair growth at least 16 weeks after the surgery, but the consistency may vary from person to person. Only skilled and experienced hair transplantation doctors can assure a successful FUT procedure.
What is FUT hair transplant?
FUT or follicular unit transplantation is a type of hair restoration technique under which follicular units taken from the donor scalp area is implanted into the recipient scalp region. Each follicular unit has 1-4 hairs. During follicular unit transplantation, surgeons safely transplant thousands of grafts in just a single session that maximizes hair growth.
Is it right for me?
FUT harvesting method for hair transplantation is right for you if you are looking forward to a more natural hair growth with greater chance of survival rate of the hair follicles.
How much does it cost?
The cost of FUT hair transplantation procedure is lower ranging from Rs.20 per graft to Rs.40 per graft than FUE. The volume of hair graft required is determined by the doctor that ranges from 1000 grafts to 4000 grafts completed in 1-2 sessions.
How do I choose a surgeon?
It is necessary for the patient to sit in consultation with a board-certified surgeon. Doctors with great credentials, experiences and skills should be considered.
How should I prepare?
Once you have been scheduled a date for the surgery, you must follow all doctor’s instruction properly. Before FUT, maintain at least 2-3 cm of hair, stop taking alcohol and smoking a few days before the surgery, and so on. Your doctor will prescribe the medications that you must take and stop certain others like aspirins, etc days before the procedure. Use the specified shampoos and ensure scalp massage as advised by your doctor.
What happens on the day of the procedure?
On the day of the procedure, you should have some food, but make you don’t stuff yourself with food. The doctors will prepare your before the procedure is carried out.
Does hair transplant procedure hurt?
You are administered local anaesthesia before the surgery, so that you don’t feel any pain and uneasiness during the procedure.
What is the recovery time of FUT hair transplant procedure?
It takes 3-4 weeks since the FUT method hair transplantation.
Does the hair transplant procedure hurt?
In a few days following the surgery, it is normal to feel numbness and soreness in the specified scalp area. You will also feel certain degree of discomfort as well.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, since the hair units transplanted in the balding area are genetically inserted, they continue to grow for a life time.
How to find a skilled and experienced restoration surgeon?
You have to do your research, consult with board-certified surgeons in your area, talk to friends and families who have had a hair transplant procedure, and so on. Make sure you select a skilled, talented, experienced, professional and reputable surgeon for the FUT hair transplant procedure.