Call us now for the best quote/price for Hair Transplant/Restoration in Delhi & Gurgaon. Quality results are assured.
We offer the best hair transplantation in Delhi & Gurgaon and offer the best price/package or cost of Hair Transplant in Delhi & Gurgaon. We are a chain of hair transplant centers and have most experienced hair transplant & cosmetic surgeons on our panel. You decide the budget & the facilities you want & we promise to deliver you all, but one thing is consistent at all time & that is the quality of treatment & the post surgery results, which are excellent, always. We use multi-therapy option, post hair transplantation to boost the results.
Hair Solutions as per Male Pattern Baldness
Before you look for the solution to your baldness, you must refer to the chart below. Telling the baldess type to your consultant can help him/ her understand your level & can guide you accordingly. Grafts required & the costing completely depends upon the level of baldness.
Norwood-Hamilton scale to broadly categorize male hair loss
Complete Guide for Hair Transplant & Hair Loss Procedures & Facts
As per the reports of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, hair loss is known to adversely impact 21 million women only in the United States, with distinguishing effect on their social, emotional, psychological and of course physical well-being. Hair loss in men to some extent can be socially acceptable, and, in fact, appraised attractive when completely bald. On the contrary, society usually has very less acceptance of thinning hair or baldness in women as it is considered to be the only element that defines and enhances her beauty naturally. Some Women with extensive hair loss, even find it embarrassing to share their feelings about losing hair with family or even their physicians.
What Is a Hair Transplantation/Hair Restoration?
Hair transplant aka Hair replacement or Hair restoration is a kind of surgery that shifts hair from the part that is resistant to hair fall and already has hair i.e. the donor site to fill the area of the scalp that has thin or no hair i.e. the recipient site. The hair transplant treatment restores hair by cultivating follicles into thinning or balding areas of the scalp. The procedure involves planting follicular units (the natural bundling of one to four hairs) from the back or side of the head, which is regarded as the donor site due to its attribute of resistant to hair loss or even DHT - Dihydrotestosterone a hormone known to be the main stimulator of hair loss, baldness and hair thinning among men and women.
In the United States, dermatologists and hair professionals have been performing the hair transplant procedures since the 1950s, and have yielded amazingly positive results and hence its emerging success led to its inception in India a few years back. People undergone hair transplantation surgical procedure in India has shown remarkable results when got it done by a highly experienced and skilled hair and skin experts. The techniques preformed by the experts in India are of cutting-edge and technically upgraded as things have changed a lot in recent years.
Your stitches will be taken off after10 days of the surgery. You may need up to 3 to 4 sittings to achieve the head full of hair you wanted. Sessions takes place on an interval of several months to help each transplant to heal fully.
A patient for hair transplant always has the treatment in the doctor's clinic. The doctor begins with cleaning the scalp and injects medicine to anaesthetize the back of the scalp. The surgeon would choose from one of two methods for the hair transplant: follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transfer (FUT) or aka strip surgery.
If you are getting the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure, your doctor’s team will first shave the back area of your scalp. Then, he/she will extract the hair follicles individually one by one from there. The part of the scalp heals with small dots, which your existing hair will hide.
After the doctor prepares the grafts, then cleans and anesthetizes the scalp site where the hair will be planted, makes holes or pierce with a needle or scalpel, and gently implants each graft step by step in one of the holes. There would be other team members too for the help to plant the grafts and for the patient’s comfort as well.
While with a Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) process, the surgeon extracts a 6 to 10-inch strip of skin from the back of your scalp. Then keep the removed strip aside and stitch the scalp closed. This part of the scalp is instantly concealed by the hair around it.
In the Next step, the expert’s team splits the strip of extracted scalp into 500 to 2,000 mini grafts, each with a single hair or just a few hairs. The amount and type of grafts you receive typically depends on your own hair quality, color, hair type, hair texture and the size of the region where you are getting the transplant done.
Type of Hair Transplants available in Delhi
Follicular Unit Transfer (FUT)
The widely used technique for hair transplantation is (follicular unit transfer, or FUT) which is also known as "strip harvesting". It involves extracting a single strip from the back or side of the scalp where there are sufficient follicles, and slitting out the follicular units to prepare grafts for transplanting. The most common benefits of FUT includes:
Advantages of FUT method
- It can cover larger areas of baldness in just fewer sittings.
- The resection rate (the grafts that get slit during the extraction) may be lower producing pleasant results. However, the resection rate typically depends on the skill of the doctor and his/her assisting staff.
Who should opt for FUT method?
- Suitable for Patients who have larger areas of baldness and would want it covered in a single session.
- People who are okay with mild stitches, cuts, or extended recovery period.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Another most common type of hair plantation technique is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). During a FUE procedure, each follicular unit is removed from the back and side of the scalp (donor site) one at a time. This procedure is relatively more time consuming, but enables refraining from the linear scar that out turns from a FUT procedure. FUE is an excellent choice for someone who wants to keep their hair short after the restoration treatment. The most common benefits of FUE includes:-
Advantages of FUE method
- As this technique of hair restoration does not involve taking a whole strip of scalp from the donor site of the patient’s scalp like in strip surgery, there are no slits or sews.
- The recovery time with FUE is much faster in the patient often resuming to work and routine activities from the next day itself.
- There are no chances of linear scar.
Who should go in for FUE method?
- People who have smaller areas of baldness.
- People who are willing to put on shorter hair styles.
- Sportsmen or People with active lifestyles.
- Females with tiny bald spots or smaller areas of baldness.
- People who seek less invasive treatments and wants to avoid cuts, stitches on the scalp.
- Those looking for a faster recovery.
Both FUE and FUT hair transplantation techniques involve surgery, hence a professionally skilled and well experienced surgeon is needed who can give proper consultation and explain the procedure and its pros and cons along with it. Depending on the area of the scalp for the hair transplant you are getting treated, both the process will usually take around several hours to perform the implants (about 4 to 8 hours), thus it is a requisite to block the day out totally and be mentally prepared for it. Another important point to know is that most doctors also will want to shave the complete head before commencing on the procedure so ensure that you factor that in. You may also necessitate another procedure later on if you persist to shed hair even after transplant or decides to have thicker hair.
Traditional or say long-established surgical hair transplantation techniques, which are still largely practiced, comprises of a strip consisting of the upper layer of the skin, which is tear off from the sides and back of the scalp with hair (called as the strip method). Individual hair units are then extracted and harvested. This technique is hugely invasive, painful and leaves nasty scars behind. On the other hand, the scientifically advanced modern day hair restoration methods comprising of the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), allows individual hair to be removed straight away from the donor site, which can then be planted in the recipient site, thus effectively modifying the way hair restoration surgeries are performed.
Robotic Hair Transplant
It is a breakthrough hair replacement method introduced by Medicament, France by the name of S.A.F.E.R (Suction Assisted Follicular Extraction and Re-implantation) Robot and called as Neo Graft in the western world. This patented robot was assumed to have added a new facet to the conventional manual hair restoration methods by delivering efficiency and ensuring better results, but could not live up to the expectations. However, in some cases, it offers decent improvements to conventional graft harvesting or follicular implanting methods by rendering administered suction so that the hair root is uninjured. It also uses governed pressure re-implantation as in comparison to the manual human direct hair transplantation. But all said and done you need to find out if it is really beneficial or worth all the efforts, money, pain and time. Let’s check it here:-
Is it beneficial in any ways?
- Robotic hair transplant is not better than humans in speed (1000 grafts in an hour =human speed)
- Transaction rate is also same as of humans. In case of substandard machine the transaction rate can be upto 30%
- Implant of hair is manual
- Consumable cost is too high (approx. 1, 50,000) so the actual cost rises and robotic hair transplant cost on an average from 3 lakh to 5 lakh.
- Results are not as good as compared to transplant done by trained team
Body Hair Transplant
Body hair transplant or also known as Body hair to head transplant is a hair restoration surgery method that is consistently performed on men with bald or thinning scalp. The body hair for this transplantation method is divided into 2 parts i.e., beard hair and the rest of the body. Using a knife UGraft methods, the hair follicles from the chest, arm, beard or other parts of the body were there are plentiful of hair are removed and implanted on the balding or thinning scalp. The area to remove hair depends on the area where the hair needs to be implanted like the arms hair can be used to fill in the temples, whereas chest hair can be used for thick hair and larger area coverage requirement. But still there are various potential problems linked with body hair transplant procedures, apart from the medical problems like blood clotting abnormality or allergy that makes it critical method to go for.
- Due to insanely differing angles of non-head hair, it becomes aggressively difficult for the doctor to correctly punch and remove the follicular units.
- Body hair is not of the same eminence as head hair; hence make for an inferior hair replacement outcome related to blend-potentiality with surrounding head hair and growth, length, texture, luster ability of the non-head hair.
Direct Hair Transplant
Direct hair transplant also called a Hair grafting - is an outpatient hair restoration procedure conducted in the cosmetology surgeon's clinic. Micro grafts consists only 1 to 2 hairs per graft, while slit grafts consists between 4 and 10, and punch grafts contains 10-15 hairs. Also present are strip grafts (long thin grafts consisting 30 to 40 hairs) and mini-grafts (holding 2-4 hairs). Local anesthetic is administered into the scalp and tranquilizing if required for sedation and comfort.
Expectations and Recovery
After the hair transplant surgery, the patient’s scalp may be very tender. You may require consuming pain relieving medications for some days. The surgeon will keep you wearing bandages over your scalp for almost a day or two. Your doc may also have you an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory medication to take for few days post surgery. Most people are able to resume to work and routine life 2 to 4 days after the operation.
Within 15-20 days after the surgery, the implanted hair will shed out, but you should begin to notice fresh growth within a few months. Most patients will notice about 60% of new hair growth after 6 to 9 months.
Costs of Hair Transplant in Delhi
The cost of a hair transplant depends largely on the amount of hair you are transplanting, but it usually varies from 20,000 to 3,00,000. The cost totally depends upon the no. of grafts required to cover the bald area. Cost of the graft may vary from Rs. 20 to Rs. 45. This cost varies on the experience, skills, reputation, and clinic’s location of the surgeon.
Are there any Risk Associated With Hair Transplant
As with any type of surgery, hair transplants have few risks, including infection and bleeding. It is also possible to have unnatural-looking new hair growth and scarring.
Around the time new manes begins to grow, some people may have an infection or inflammation of the hair follicles, called folliculitis. Antibiotics and compresses can dissolve the issue. There is also the chance for suddenly losing some of the original hair in the region where you got the grafting, called shock loss. But there is nothing to worry about as most of the time, it is just temporary.
All starts with diagnosis
Consultation and Diagnosis of types of Hair Loss
The initial consultation caters as an introduction to the patient’s hair loss concerns; hair loss pattern and family/medical history.
At the time of the consultation, an initial examination is conducted, and the requirement for blood tests, scalp biopsy or microscopic assessment of the hair shafts is confirmed. If the actual cause of hair loss is not verified, further diagnostic details are gathered from an agronomy for scalp fungus, scalp scrapings; as well as blood tests and/or a scalp biopsy
The diagnosis is established based on the hair loss presentation, pattern, history, and where requisite supplementary distinctive inspections. In many cases there may be no surgical invasion needed.
Diagnosing Androgenic Alopecia in men and women
Male Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL) is diagnosed when there is a history of hair line recession and hollow temples. The thinning or hair loss is men is evident with an M shaped pattern were both the front sides starts to recede back, thus creating an M-shape. Gradually this thinning increases with presenting hair loss on top of the scalp. Some Men in their 20s or mid 20s could become victim to Androgenic Alopecia and start seeing such hair loss
“Female pattern” hair loss (FPHL) is diagnosed when there is a history of steady thinning in the front and/or top of the scalp. In most females, the frontal hairline is most often preserved. The thinning is usually centrifugal (compacted to the central top area of the scalp) in characteristic; and there is generally a genetic disposition or family history of hair loss. Some women may show a continually widening part. For women, the development of androgenic alopecia is categorized into 3 stages. The standard pattern of hair loss in women is continuing diffuse thinning in an oval region along the top of the scalp. Hair loss along the hairline is most often excused. Miniaturisation of the hair follicles with declined hair shaft caliber will be noticed in the thinning reions of the scalp.
Diffuse hair loss all through the head can make for a more complex diagnosis, but miniaturisation generally means that the cause is most possibly due to female pattern hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.
Diagnosing Telogen Effluvium
Telogen effluvium usually takes place 3-4 months after a stressful phase. About 300 club hairs (telogen hairs that have circular ends) may fall out per day.
A diagnostic test is conducted as the ‘hair-pull’ and ‘hair-pluck’ tests. In the ‘hair- pull’, diagnosis the doctor takes around 20 or 30 hairs in his/her and smoothly pull them from proximal (bottom end) to distal (top end); if 5 or more hairs comes off then this is indicative of increased hair falling linked with telogen effluvium.
Second most significant diagnosis test for Telogen Effluvium is the ‘hair-pluck’test which includes plucking 20 to 30 hairs with a light clench and evaluating them under a microscope to identify the quotient of anagen (growing) hairs to telogen (resting) hairs.
If there are less than 80% of the follicles are in the Anagen stage, Telogen Effluvium (TE) is likely to be the case. Chronic Telogen Effluvium impacts females age between 40 to 60 years and can begin unexpectedly with or without an initial trigger event or fundamental factor or. It can cause diffuse thinning with prominence at the temples, and patients can begin to lose from 50-400 hairs per day. The condition does not result to total baldness and must finally be dissolved by itself overtime.
A full head of hair comprises of about 100,000 hair follicles. (People with blonde or red hair may have moderately more than this.) The loss of 30% or less of the number that existed during the crowning point of adolescence that appears by middle age is a part of the natural aging process. For thinning or hair loss to become aesthetically evident, about 50% of the hairs must have shed out in a specific scalp region. Loss of a lesser percentage than this usually does not lead to the aesthetic appearance of hair loss. Furthermore, with the loss of the number of hairs, the hair loss mechanism causes individual hairs to thin, which additionally lends to the appearance of hair loss.
The Norwood Classification System determines and classifies the prototypical course of the hair loss process in men. In the initial stages of the process (types 1-3), the hairline recedes, principally led by frontotemporal recessions. In the later stages (types 4-7), succession of hair loss at the crown (vertex) steadily intersects and unites the progressive hairline recession, leading to differential sizes (in both sagittal and coronal dimensions) with frontotemporal parts of baldness of the confluent vertex.
Nearly all hair-transplant experts and dermatologists comply with the excellence of follicular-unit micrografting over conventional minigrafting and micrografting. However, but, follicular-unit micrografting is scientifically more time-taking and grueling than other transplant treatments, it produces marvelous outcomes in aspects of marking a natural appearance because hairs are implanted as they grow naturally in the scalp. The follicular-unit micrografting procedure also allows for dense graft placement when wished for because individual grafts are tiny and thereby granted small recipient areas and intact spacing. Additionally, follicular-unit grafting minimizes the risk of accidental tran-section of hair follicles while the graft-dissection process because dissection is conducted under microscopic visualization; hence, depletion of precious donor hairs can be decreased.
Why do men need hair transplant the most?
To answer this question—while there are various causes for hair loss in men besides hereditary, a large number of men experiencing hair loss have male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia).
Pattern balding or Androgenetic alopecia can affect up to 70% of men (male pattern baldness) and 30% of women (female pattern baldness) at some point in lifetime. Men are actually the main victim of pattern balding even in some cases with early onset. While men literally exhibit with a characteristically distinguishing alopecia pattern involving receding hairline, M shaped air loss pattern and vertex balding, women usually present a diffuse hair thinning over the top of their scalps, with a perpetually widening parting. For both men and women, losing their hair is a heart wrecking experience.
Restore natural-looking hair
Like women, Men too can also lose hair because of stress, hormones imbalance, and certain medications, among other causes. Men with pattern baldness are most often the ideal candidates for hair transplantation surgery because they have sufficient donor site for implanting follicular grafts. On the contrary, women’s expectations are usually much higher than men as they not only want full head of hair but desire to return to full thickness. This makes more and more suffering men to opt for air restoration procedure.
Effectiveness of hair transplant for men
Remember all the attention, fans and media diverting towards Lady Gaga when she discussed about using Rogaine. So another reason linked to more men getting hair transplantation surgery is an enduring social stigma connected to women discussing hair loss conditions. While the outrageous superstar took played a trump card of topic treatments, it is becoming more demanding and acceptable for men to seek cosmetic surgical hair loss treatments beyond Rogaine®.
Ward-off competition at work
The twenty-first century workplaces can be merciless, even to anyone going through a naturally health damaging process. It is an era where, the more attractive you are; the better your chances are for growth, fame, promotion or acceptance in the corporate environment, whether you’re male or female. If a man suffers from hair loss, he is made to ladder down in each aspect of office activity; thereby a hair transplant will help restore and revamp more than just your hairline.
Be more attractive to your partner
It is said that a true lover (your wife or girlfriend) will love you come what may. However, a receding hairline or a shiny see through scalp is not attractive to any women, especially if it is early onset; the research studies have even verified it. Restoring your hair by hair transplant surgeries not only reinstate your balding head but also your relationship with your partner
Enjoy the outdoors and sporting activities without always wearing a HAT
Hair Wigs and weaves do not make up for a great fashion statement when playing sports, trekking or swimming either. Hair Re-growth with a transplant and MEN never have to panic about a sun burnt top. A hair restoration serves you the chance to grow back your hair and to enjoy all the activities you no longer do because of shortfall of hair is in the way.
Up the dating stakes
An online dating site match.com investigated its female members on what they find most attractive about men. And the maximum replies were, of course, dense hair. Most of females who participated in survey stated that there is nothing more enticing in a man than with a head full of hair. So, men assume why not soar the opportunities of slipping away in a date with a hair transplant?
Reasons for hair loss in Men
- Prostate cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Heart disease
Getting the best Hair Line like Bollywood/Hollywood
Best way to define Front Hair Line
- Ideally, difference of 20 cm should be kept between Frontal Eminent Hair Area & Temporal Area in males. Straight hair line is more of like women or trans genders & won’t look good in men.
- Designing temporal triangle (hair making a triangle shape on sides) is must as it is a sigh of youth.
- Wavy like structure is required or the hair after transplant will look artificial. This means, surgeon must not transplant grafts in a very refined way especially at front. Creating punches in a very refined straight or circular line is a big no.
Which is the ideal number of grafts per sq. cm. in hair transplantation
For frontal area: 40 grafts per sq cm
For mid section: 30 grafts per sq cm
For back: 20 grafts per sq. c.m.
This will give fuller look at the front where it is most required & it will help to retain the donor area for future transplants
Curing hair loss after hair transplant in early age & How to boost the results of Hair Transplant?
Various treatments and medicines, which can treat hair loss & are also very effective, post Hair Transplant
- Mesotherapy – It is a non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic hair restoration treatment which has been rapidly emerging as an effective hair and skin correction treatment. The technique is an alternative treatment that aids to cure baldness in both males and females by declining hair loss, decelerating the patterned baldness and stimulating hair growth. Superficial microinjections are infused just underneath the skin’s epidermal layer into the correct tissues to boost up the mesoderm layer in the skin, which exists at a depth of about 1mm below the surface, in order to improve blood circulation in the scalp, promote the hair’s natural regeneration and proliferation process, and reviving and reinforcing the hair follicles to help create thick, voluminous, strong, dense, long and healthy manes by regulating the essential nutrient, vitamins proteins levels and growth factors in the scalp of the patient suffering from balding or thinning of hair.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - This treatment is most commonly used in hair restoration procedure to achieve natural looking results. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women. It is a non surgical, completely natural, alternative cosmetology medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss, hair fall or hair thinning. It is an injectable hair loss treatment which employs the patient’s own blood for the process. Using a fine needle, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is inserted into the scalp. Then the growth factors in your blood cells perform their function and hair growth begins to get naturally encouraged. An individual’s blood plasma (PRP) consists of active growth factors which can actively trigger hair growth and restore one’s confidence. The ultimate outcome is end result is a fuller, healthier looking head of hair. PRP can also be used in combination with some hair transplant procedures and the results are very promising.
- Low Level Lasers therapy - It is a safe type of light heat hair loss and hair re-growth treatment under scrutinizing for a range of health indications. It is most commonly being used to treat the inherited kinds of hair loss, androgenetic alopecia or pattern balding present in both men and women. Low level laser therapy is also known as the biostimulation, red light therapy, cold laser, soft laser, and photobiomodulation.
Low level laser therapy for pattern balding and hair loss treatment greatly depends on devices that release a beam of light that can perforate the scalp. Fractional erbium-glass, helium-neon, and Excimer are few LLLT lasers been used for treatment of hair loss. In-salon hoods or overhead panels, bonnet or head caps devices with diodes that release infrared radiation or red light (wavelength 630-670 nanometers) are also used.
- Healthy and active lifestyle with exercise in routine - Hair and healthy lifestyle have a direct relationship to stay wholly fit from head to toe. Proper exercise with specific yoga postures such as sheersh aasan, alom vilom, nail rubbing etc exercises that stimulates proper blood circulation to the scalp is highly effective to reverse hair loss and arrest hair fall. Yoga and exercising keeps your scalp hydrated, transporting bloody supply enriched with essential nutrients that promotes hair re-growth and fortify the hair follicles for strong healthy hair.
- Healthy food - The connection between food and hair is quite easy and straightforward. Hair is majorly made up of a protein known as keratin. So, it is most important that you add adequate protein in your daily diet. A low-protein diet compels your body to preserve the available protein for various other purposes, like rebuilding cells, muscle functioning thus bereaving hair of it. Spinach, leafy green vegetables, cheese, walnuts, almonds, pulses and milk are hair-friendly foods. Green tea is also effective in curing hair loss because it inhibits out Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the hormone that causes hair loss.
- No smoking and drinking - Here is another most logical reason for hair fall and to stop smoking. The carbon monoxide that we inhale while smoking, blocks the blood from supplying oxygen, proteins and essential nutrients to hair follicles. Nicotine shrinks the blood vessels, further procrastinating and obstructing new hair growth.
While moderate smokers or drinkers can manage to hold on to their hair, regular tipplers are at risk. Alcohol is known to absorb up the body of its iron reserves, hindering sucking of zinc. Alcoholic drinks also cause dehydration, impeding the body from absorbing key nutrients. Since hair is about 1/4th water, immoderate alcohol will invariably leave it fragile and harsh.
- Stress and anger management with yoga & meditation - So you must be wondering how stress plays spoilsport? Chronic Stress is one of the major hair fall reasons, can cause hair loss and it could get worse or even permanent if not controlled before it’s too late. There is a type of hair loss that can be caused by extreme stress called telogen effluvium, which impedes the natural growth cycle of your hair follicles promoting hair to shed.
A hair follicle needs fostering energy to grow and strengthen. Coenzyme Q10, present in whole grains, wheat flour meat and fish, encourages the scalp's caliber to generate energy, particularly in a cell's mitochondria or energy store. Stress triggers oxidation, impairing Coenzyme Q10 among different anti-oxidants, hence being one of A-listers in reasons for hair fall. Whether stress accelerates the process of genetic baldness is yet not known. So whatever ups and downs life is throwing your way, deal with it sportingly and stay stress freely.
A). Minoxidil (Rogaine)
Minoxidil (Rogaine) is a topical medicine applied over the scalp. Minoxidil is known to slow down the process of hair loss for some men and triggers the hair follicles to produce new hair. Minoxidil takes between 4 months to 1 year to showcase noticeable outcomes. Hair loss also often occurs again when you quit applying the topical medication.
Possible side effects linked with minoxidil include chest pain, irritation, inflammation, labored respiration, dryness, weight gain, trouble breathing while sleeping, swelling on the face, arms, ankles, or abdomen and scaling of the scalp. You should see your doctor instantly if you notice any of these severe side effects, however these are rare case possibilities.
B). Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar)
Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) is oral medications that slow down hair loss and hair fall in some men. It functions by obstructing the formation of the male hormone responsible for hair loss. Finasteride in some cases has shown to be have a higher success rate than minoxidil. Furthermore, hair loss may also return, when you stop taking finasteride.
It is good to take finasteride for up to 3months to 1year before any visible results. If no hair growth occurs or hair fall stops after 1 year, it is recommend that you stop taking the medication. The possible serious side effects of finasteride include depression, rash, itching, hives, swelling of the lips or face, and tenderness in testicles etc.
These current medication treatment standards for pattern balding can also be used in conjunction with hair transplantation as a surgical option.
The future of hair restoration is splendid, chiefly because of medical advancements. Enhanced effectiveness of control of hair loss combined with minimization of detrimental effects led from the use of 5-alpha reductase blockers that are particularly for the hair follicle or from the use of medications that function by sequential pathways. In addition, gene therapy may have future implementation in hair loss treatment. The genes that cause alopecia can be traced and substantially be replaced with genetic alternates not connected with hair loss.
Hair cloning (cell multiplication) may offer the hair restoration specialist with a virtually unrestricted supply of donor hairs. By cloning or duplicating numerous copies of only a few donor hairs, patients with even advance hair loss can hope for total scalp coverage, all with lesser donor-site weariness. The follicle stem cells will be first multiplied and then infused into regions of thinning via injection to prompt the re-growth of hairs. Ideal Candidates for hair cloning include those with extensive hair loss, insufficient supply of donor hairs, with scarring or burn injury or previously badly conducted hair transplantations.
Hair-transplantation process is perhaps the only effective method to enhance the process of follicular-unit transplantation. Equipments competent of accurately and quickly dissecting the grafts and comfortably placing the grafts will pace up the process and reduce dependency upon assistants. Eventually, hair transplantation or hair restoration will continue to a cosmetic procedure that needs a proficiently skilled surgeon to create natural-looking results.